Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Return to Nyang-Nyang with Kannish

520 stair steps to the bottom (we counted)

Kannish and the Nyang-Nyang locals

Crazy Guys

Contemplating the paddle

Hard to see, but taking off on the shoulder

Going left

Brothers, back at the top

Nyang-Nyang Sunset


Went back to Nyang-Nyang a couple days ago with Kannish. Surfed again by myself! Head high to a little overhead and powerful. I could see super-hollow waves to the left and right of me. Chose the mellowest peak to surf until I get more comfortable withe the place. Sticky said the locals don't like to surf here because there is a dark energy. It's definately true. Water was clearer this day because it hadn't rained the night before and I could see that there are all kinds of intimidating holes and caves in the reef which create some pretty unsettling undercurrents.

Kannish got a few shots of me with the camera while the German couple pranced around naked up the beach (sorry, no pictures). After surf beach combing and hackey sack back at the top completed the experience.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pics Dominic! I just discovered that if you click on a picture it will enlarge. Very enlightening, since now I can see you on the waves and what I thought was a picture of you and Kannish meditating is actually the both of you sending a little shaka. Sweet!

    I wish I would have known bathing suits were optional, I just bought 3 for my impending visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dominic:

    We love getting these blogs and the wonderful fotos. It looks like you're having a wonderful time and the scenery is absolutely beautiful. I hope these comments are getting to you. We are concerned abou you surfing those skyscraper tall waves, especially when you are by yourself. i don't think you have sweaty balls, but rather pissed in your bathing suit. Love You Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grandparental units, i won't get into any more details about my low-hanging balls

    ReplyDelete