Monday, March 9, 2009

Ubud Energy





With the surf gone flat, yesterday we decided to head to higher elevations and into the heart of Bali to seek cooler air. One thing i love about Ubud is that there is not a moment during the day where you cannot hear live music coming from somewhere in this town. Completed the day yesterday by getting absolutely drunk (I even attempted to dance) at a bar and seeing a live Balinese reggae group.

Late this morning Hugo and Marion left for the Gili Islands, and as much as they tried to get me to go, I decided to hang back (waiting for you Nikki). Insane diving on the Gilis but rarely any surf and with one of the better swells of the season on the way to Bali and good conditions predicted, I head back to Sticky's tomorrow. In the mean time, got a nice new shirt, went to the Sacred Monkey Forest and saw the Legong dance for myself.

Selemat Malam (Good Night)

No comments:

Post a Comment